Friday, January 11, 2008

Yes, Another Flip-Flop...

This time from UCF's Joe Burnett. While it was previously thought that Burnett would enter the NFL draft along with his buddy Kevin Smith, Burnett says this is not longer the case. The Orlando Sentinel quotes Burnett:

"Instead of rushing my dream of playing in the NFL, I know another year of playing college football is a 10-times-better decision and I look forward to improving at UCF and pursuing my professional goals following the 2008 season."


Obviously, UCF benefits by Burnett returning for his Senior season. This past season, he had 64 tackles and a C-USA high 6 interceptions. He also had a punt return for a touchdown.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really happy Joe Burnett has forced me to retract my earlier statement that he was entering the NFL Draft. Not only will he add to UCF's stats as you mentioned Persistent Fool, but his gazelle-like athleticism will add much to UCF's "EQ" (Entertainment Quotient), as well.

The Persistent Fool said...

He is gazelle-like, isn't he? We're not short on veterans, though we are desperately in short supply of star power.