Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Foolish Hopes For Brandon Harris

The Orlando Sentinel notes that Brandon Harris, the number 3 corner recruit in the country is choosing between Ohio State, Miami . . . and UCF.

Yes, we noted that this was bizarre in an earlier post.

The Sentinel's Kyle Hightower points out recent comments by Harris:
"At this point, the two schools that stand out are Ohio State and Miami . . . They've made me feel comfortable around them, the program and their players. When we did our home visits, we just didn't talk about football, but about life in general. We were able to relate on different issues. They made my parents feel comfortable, we grew to trust them and that they would take care of me if I were to choose their school. Actually, I feel the same way about Central Florida. They made me feel like I can trust them. If I were to go there, I'd be in good hands.

Hightower notes, "UCF has 18 commitments following the weekend commitment of Brynn Harvey. That number would go up to 19 with Harris." Of course, this is roughly equivalent to saying "If I found a million dollars tomorrow, I'd have a million dollars and six cents in liquid assets!"

UCF fans should congratulate themselves for having a program (apparently), but Harris is not going to be a Knight. If he wants to play in state, he'd go to Miami. If he wants to play for National Championships, he'd go to Ohio State.

No comments: