Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Only Former Colorado Buffalo I Can Name

As I watch 'Bama beat the living Hell out of the Colorado Buffaloes, I realize I can only name one significant past Buffalo. This guy:


That is Byron "Whizzer" White who served as an Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court. Back in the day, he played football for the Colorado Buffaloes, and was their star running back. After White graduated, he played professionally for the Pittsburgh Pirates (now the Steelers) and the Detroit Lions. On the Supreme Court, White was known for his moderate views. He also installed a weight room in his office in the Supreme Court building.

It's unfortunate that the trend of running backs becoming Supreme Court Justices did not continue. Imagine how exciting it would be to have Associate Justice Darren McFadden.

I promise that you will never need to know this information for any reason whatsoever.

No comments: